Art is the one constant thread that runs throughout my life. I interpret what I see and feel into my paintings, be it an awesome storm, a tragic shooting, or an incredible sunset; it is cathartic for me to express my emotions through the paint.
I studied Fine Art at Muncin, Williams, Proctor Arts Institute, SUNY Utica, and Fashion Design at Parson’s School of Design, New York City, earning an AAS and BFA respectively. I worked as a designer, married, raised our children and moved around the country quite a bit during that time. I have settled down, for the most part, in Park City, Utah, spending the mud seasons in New York City. That is the plan for now, a great balance of country vs. city life.
I rekindled my passion for painting in 2008. Sharing my art has been a wonderfully rewarding journey in ways that I had never expected. I enjoy being part of an artistic community, participation in shows, exploring art in my travels, learning to navigate social media, and selling my work.
- The Artbox Projects, Basel 1.0, Basel, Switzerland June 14th-18th, 2017
- Spectrum Miami-The Artbox Projects, Miami, Florida November 30th-December 4th, 2016
- “Moving On,” Town Hall Theater, Lafayette, CA October 8th-November 19th, 2016
- “INK,” Town Hall Theater, Lafayette, CA June 4th – August 6th, 2016
- “Utah Travels,” Utah Cultural Celebration Center, West Valley City, Utah May 19th – June 22nd, 2016
- “A Hint of Spring,” Lafayette Town Hall Theater, Lafayette, CA
April 2nd – June 4th, 2016
- “Through the Lens of an Artist,” Lafayette Town Hall Theater, Lafayette, CA December 19th, 2015 – February 20th, 2016
- See Archive for 2013-2015 shows.
- Saraswati Living Arts Project, Magic Lanterns Productions, January 2016
- Artists To Look Out For December 2015 Vol. II, Starry Night Programs, December 2015
- Studio Visit Magazine Winter 2016- 2017 Vol. 35, www.studiovisitmagazine.com, February 2017
Coffey, Mark. “INK at the Town Hall Theater Gallery” Lamorinda Arts Alliance Newsletter July/August 2016
Coffey, Mark. “Cynthia McLoughlin – Helping Others Achieve Their Full Potential” Lamorinda Arts Alliance Newsletter April/May 2016
De Jesus, Janice. “Orinda artist captures nostalgia of idyllic childhood.”
Contra Costa Times 28 January 2016.
Lieberman, JoAnn. “Through the Lens of an Artist”
Lamorinda Weekly 30 December 2015